Statement of Faith
BASED ON THE WORD OF GOD, WE AFFIRM:
- The divine inspiration and inerrancy of the Word of God as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The existence of only one God, personal, one in essence, yet existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption, and the final judgment.
- The universality of sin and guilt of man since the Fall, subjecting him to the wrath and damnation of God.
- Redemption from guilt, sorrow, dominion, and corruption of sin only through the expiatory death of our Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, our representative and substitute.
- The work of the Holy Spirit to make effective the redemptive death of Christ for the sinner, giving him repentance before God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in repentance, regeneration, and sanctification.
- The indwelling work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- Justification of the sinner only by God’s mercy and grace, received through faith in Christ’s substitutionary death.
- The intercession of Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and men, on behalf of His redeemed.
- One Holy Universal Church, visible in the local congregations, to which all believers belong.
- The certainty of our Lord Jesus Christ’s second coming in his glorified body.
- The resurrection of the body, life everlasting for the redeemed, and the eternal damnation of the unjust.