Equatorial Guinea has a FLET graduate!
Equatorial Guinea is a small country on the west coast of Africa. They discovered oil in 1995 and now the small country is being cited as a textbook case of the resource curse — or the paradox of plenty. Since the mid 1990s the former Spanish colony has become one of sub-Sahara’s biggest oil producers but a large proportion of the population still lives in poverty. Rights organizations have described the two post-independence leaders as among the worst abusers of human rights in Africa.
- It’s considered one of the “least free” countries in the world;
- Fewer than one million people live there;
- It’s the only country in Africa to have Spanish as an official language;
- It is one of the richest countries in Africa;
- The vast majority of residents live in poverty.
Gloria Nvumba Dikombo from Equatorial Guinea passed her first FLET Bible course in Certificado Cristianismo (Basic Christianity). She received her first certificate for studying Como Estudiar la Biblia (How to study the Bible).
- Now she will continue on with her second course: Doctrina bíblica (Bible Doctrine).
- Praise the Lord for Gloria’s desire to know more of God’s Word.
All around the world we have students who are faithfully studying to complete their courses.
Pray for the Lord to use these dedicated people to spread the Good News which they are learning.